COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Policy
Edge Biomedical is closely monitoring developments around the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Our COVID-19 preparedness is coordinated with the goal of mitigating impact on our customers and keeping our employees safe. In order to keep up with the changing environment, we will be implementing the following additional policies and procedures immediately. In addition to following the CDC protocols around hand washing, the use of hand sanitizer, and proper distance and pre and post site equipment cleaning, the following additional preventive measures have been implemented:
- Notify EDGE management of any travel to foreign country
- Notify EDGE management of any contact, direct or indirect, with any person(s) that have tested positive for COVID-19
- Direct Contact would result in immediate work quarantine
- Temperature Check – On a DAILY Basis, prior to leaving for work, all employees are required to take their own temperature. Report immediately to EDGE management if any check comes back above 100.4
- Symptom Check – Any Fever of 100.4 or higher, Shortness of Breath, and/or Cough should be reported immediately to EDGE management
- Requiring CDC recommended prevention steps for all of our employees
- Pre and Post Site Disinfection/Cleaning of all test equipment and customer equipment we have handled.
- Washing hands or using recommended sanitizers before and after each customer visit.
- Before entry and after exit of each site, the following decontamination steps will take place.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a sanitizing household cleaning spray or wipe. Including vehicle, phone, computer, and your test equipment.
- Clean and disinfect all customer equipment and surfaces touched .
- Ensuring employees that are ill remain at home until resolved
- Closely monitoring and communicating COVID-19 developments
- Restricting all non-essential business travel
- Prioritizing the use of remote work as appropriate
- Ascertaining that our partners, vendors, and suppliers are engaging in preventive measures and have their own business continuity plans
- And, as an additional proactive measure, we ask that all customers who have patients suspected or diagnosed with a coronavirus, to notify Edge HQ or the Biomed onsite so that we can take proper precautionary actions.
Visit the CDC for additional information on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)